Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 160

Thread: High School Football

  1. #31
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: High School Football

    I did not see the 06 Giles team BUT there is no doubt in my mind that the 05 team was better than the 05 Norton team.

    Alot of the who wins a game comes from the matchup problem a team has with another team

    Great example in 05 Norton matched up well with PV and beat them in a tight game however that same PV team caused matchup problems for GC and beat them convincingly twice however that same GC team was able to take advantage of what Burton had trouble with and beat them handly. IMHO the 05 Haysi would have attacked the same areas that GC was able to exploit.

    And to get back to the point year in and year out who will on Avg be the tougher teams (Norton, Appy, RC, Castlewood) or (GC, PV, Lebanon, Va High) In all honistly I think the teams thinking about dropping are looking harder at that than which Reagon B Division is tougher

  2. #32
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: High School Football

    I am going to agree with Buck a little on this one. People know I am a big JIB supporter, so what. I can only speak for one game and they may have had a bad game at state, but the Giles team I saw was one dimensional, yes they were big, but, Goochland was not near as big as they were and they beat Giles, William Campbell was no where near the size of Giles and they beat them. All I am trying to say is Giles was not that impressive up State, they couldn't throw the ball and all they did was run between the tackles. And in no way am I saying Burton would have beat them but I don't think it would have been a blowout by any means.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  3. #33
    Inactive Member redrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 17th, 2006
    Posts
    357
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: High School Football

    Bottom line, I support Burton in their endeavors as well but I'm not blinded by doing so. Just as some people suggested on this forum that Burton would beat Richlands if they faced them, people that have overly biased opinions can not be taken seriously on this forum in any manner whatsoever.
    Leave the DRAMA to the MAMA'S


  4. #34
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: High School Football

    I will admit the Burton/Richlands thing was a little far out there but the Giles game is a tad more realistic. Maybe I am being blinded by my bias for Norton, but based on what I saw up state I don't think it would be unreasonable, I only saw them 1 game though, so that is what I am betting everything on. As far as us competing the last four years in Div 2, now that is a stretch, I agree with Counts on all of what he said about that matter.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  5. #35
    Inactive Member redrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 17th, 2006
    Posts
    357
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: High School Football

    [ QUOTE ]
    Maybe I am being blinded by my bias for Norton

    [/ QUOTE ]

    You are, but there's nothing wrong with being loyally biased - most are on this forum to one extent or another. I don't mean it as a negative or even a jab at anyone - you just can't go by most opinions on the board based on this alone.
    Leave the DRAMA to the MAMA'S


  6. #36
    Inactive Member gcdevil22's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11th, 2004
    Posts
    5,129
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: High School Football

    didn't matter how big Goochland was if you got a monster at RB like they do
    "An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."

    -Martin Luther King Jr.

  7. #37
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: High School Football

    Giles, Goochland and Riverheads are all better teams than what was in the LPD this year. Giles was one of the most impressive teams a I have seen. Goochland was as well, Riverheads would be 3rd in that group.

  8. #38
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: High School Football

    [ QUOTE ]
    didn't matter how big Goochland was if you got a monster at RB like they do

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Coles was one helluva player, I have to admit, I loved watching him play.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  9. #39
    Inactive Member BORNRED's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 10th, 2005
    Posts
    139
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    realignment

    What is all this talk about teams dropping down? I know now that Lee, Va. High and Lebanon are entering the region, what is that going to do to the div.1 and div 2 balance? I dont think they will allow that many teams to drop because it will throw the balance way off
    HUSKER 4 LIFE

  10. #40
    Inactive Member Indian09's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 16th, 2005
    Posts
    1,111
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: High School Football

    You cant go by this team beat that team and then that team beat another team to decide whos better. Its all an opinion until the two team play then you can say whos better.
    Reeking of awesomeness!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •